Oct 15, 2021
(BS in Business)
Business Administration develops the fundamental body of knowledge and analytical tools common to all management positions through study in management, marketing, accounting, information systems, behavioral sciences, economics, and quantitative approaches to decision-making. Enrollment in this degree program is available only at Parkland College and requires admission to the School of Business.
The BSB in Business Administration comprises:
1. Parkland College A.A. or A.S. Degree (60-64 semester hours) including:
- ACC 101 - Accounting Principles I
- ACC 102 - Accounting Principles II
- BUS 204 - The Legal Environment of Business
- CIS 200 - Business Computer Systems
or CSC 105 - Introduction to Computers and Their Application to Business and Commerce
- ECO 101 - Principles of Economics I
- ECO 102 - Principles of Economics II
- MAT 124 - College Algebra
- MAT 141 - Finite Mathematics
or MAT 145 - Linear Algebra
- MAT 143 - Calculus for Business and Social Sciences
- MAT 160 - Statistics
2. EIU coursework (56-60 semester hours) including:
Upper division business core courses (21 semester hours)
Major Courses (27 Semester Hours)
Upper division courses selected from the business disciplines: Accounting (ACC), Finance (FIN), Management (MGT), Management Information Systems (MIS), and Marketing (MAR). Students must complete at least one course (3 semester hours) from each of the foregoing business disciplines and no more than three courses from any one of the business disciplines.
Students without relevant work experience may take BUS 4275 (3 sem. hrs. approved internship) with prior written permission of the Associate Chair of the School of Business.
Senior Seminar (3 semester hours)
Electives (5-9 semester hours)
Calculation of the major GPA based on all business courses taken through Eastern Illinois University.